Join a Cluster
Joining Hive Fabric to an existing cluster is a simple process. If a cluster does not yet exist, then two hosts can join together to form a new cluster.
New hosts added to the cluster take on configuration data from the cluster, including:
- Storage Pools
- VM Pools
- Application Pools
- Virtual Machines
- Host settings are not changed.
- It is considered best practice to complete and test any networking configuration prior to joining a cluster.
- If the host will NOT be contributing to HF_Shared (hyper-converged storage), then login and disable this in Configure Host prior to joining a cluster
The first host to begin a cluster is considered the CMA (Central Management Appliance). If no cluster exists yet, then the host being actively configured (Realm, Profiles, etc...) should be considered the CMA.
- From the Visualizer Dashboard, select Resources from the Main Navigation.
- Select Host.
- Provide the Remote Host IP Address.
- Provide the default admin account Username and Password.
- Select Save.
- At any point in time, close the Process List that pops up.
- Once the Join Cluster process is complete, the host will be listed in the Fabric Visualizer.
NOTE: All hosts joined to the cluster take on the CMA's admin credentials, overwriting any previously admin credentials.